Birthday reflect and ramblings

Not much of an exciting year but it is still a lot going on in the world. Hard to say where it is going to go from here.I know I'm being a little vague and get too into it cause...we REALLY have been in it for so long. Although I am excited to have things get back to normal. I love to see familiar faces I havent seen in so long. Get my son reacquainted again with socializing with other kids his own age. Before 2020 happened, I was an introvert at social gatherings. I still am. I just think with the "pause", I am getting to think I would forget how to engage in conversation like before. 2021 is self discovery.I'll get there eventually. In the meantime, I will be celebrating my birthday. Rather than buying a cake, I like to bake my own cake. Im really not much of a baker, but thanks to 2020 I managed to do bakes here in there to challenge myself. Im goof at other things in the kitchen but not so much in the baking department. In the above photo is my sons cake that doesn't look cute! Haha! Our household lacked the supplies I needed to execute in the aesthetics of the cake. It is THE CAKE from Milk Bar of chef Christina Tosi. I have bought actual cake for my sons first bithday. I say it is delicious, but I feel I would save an order for it such as milestone birthdays. For every other year, I would just bake the cake myself for anyone. As in birthday meal for this week, I heard there are changes to the weather. Normally weekend up to Memorial weekend, it's always a warm one. However, it will be cooler. Luckily I had a backup meal. Ive chose suhsi and I love sushi! Originally I wanted my husband to grill bulgogi flank steak but this will give him a break from smelling like grilled food! What are your favorites that you must have for your birthdays?



UPDATE!
This is the updated cake I baked the day (or two) before my birthday. Came out much better with having to use a cake circle cutter as well as the clear acetate to hold the cake in place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BTS x McDonald’s meal review

Current makeup products